Very occasionally we come across strange research. From surveys to customer case studies, you never know what you may find.
However for a Friday this is something lighter:
Why do people sing in the shower?
Apparently signing is a very therapeutic exercise, (and often makes you feel happy!), but most of us are too shy to sing in front of others. The shower is one of the few places we truly feel comfortable and, more often than not, we feel relaxed – or after a few drinks in the evening (but lets not go there). Accoustics also play a part – the opposite to a recording studio where all the sound is dulled down so that there is no impurity in the recording – The hard surfaces and tiles found in bathrooms create an aurally pleasing acoustic surrounding; the various reflections of sound waves from the surfaces and the steam from the hot water actually enhance the sound of our voice…
So whilst you may be no Beyonce, shower time it seems may give you the confidence (as false as it may be) to holla out renditions of your favourite tunes!
Sing in luxury with our Spittal Freestanding Shower
And just while we are on the subject, here are the ‘Top 10 Hits To Sing Whilst In The Shower’ found by the researchers at Vocal Expert
- Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
2. Fight for this love – Cheryl Cole
3. I Gotta Feeling – The Black Eyed Peas
4. I Just Called to say I love you – Stevie Wonder
5. Bad Boy – Alexandra Burke
6. Candle in the Wind – Elton John
7. Love is all around – Wet Wet Wet
8. Meet me Half way – The Black Eyed peas
9. She Loves you – The Beatles
10. Haven’t met you yet – Michael Buble
Has your favourite tune made the list?