Marble is a metamorphic rock, formed under different temperatures and pressures over millions of years. This luxurious, unique mineral fits perfectly into the most iconic bathroom designs as it can be used for coating vanity basins, gracing floors and encompassed into shower enclosures.
To appreciate such a glorious material, we’ve put together a list of some of our favourite marbles:
- Zebra Marble – Formed over 600 million years ago from detrital clay deposits compacted into layers, Zebra Marble gets its name from its unique stripe pattern. It is also as Zebra Jasper, Zebra Agate and Zebra Rock.
- White Arabescato – This white marble is one of our most popular marbles used at Drummonds. Characterised by its soft white base and extraordinary grey waves, the marble is quarried in the Apuan mountains near Carrara in Italy.
- Verde Guatemala – Verde Guatemala is a predominantly green marble but can range from a dark green hue with more black and grey marbling to a blue-green hue. It is an Indian marble quarried in Shree Rishabhedo Udaipur, in Rajasthan.
- Black Marquina – This high-quality black stone marble is extracted from the region of Marquina, found in Basque Country, Spain. The mesmerising, black base contrasted with fine white veins creates a stunning look.
5. Grey Onyx – Also known as ‘Cloud Grey Marble’ because of its stormy, cloudlike marbling, Grey Onyx marble refers to a category of stones which include layered translucent material