Interior designer Sophie Head worked with architect David Austin on the complete conversion of an original 19th century farmhouse, two stable block cottages and a Dutch barn in the Cotswolds to a single dwelling.
Working closely with the owners the brief was to create an environment for the family combining social areas with aesthetic beauty. The house includes a wine tasting room, cinema, gym, spa and swimming pool which converts into a dance floor. Sophie mixed modern and classical materials and sourced local and globally-renowned artisan specialists.
Drummonds bathroomware was chosen for each of the 7 ensuite bathrooms. The architectural aspects of the master bathroom shown here give wonderful views of the established garden and Sophie designed a luxurious room with a soft palette to create a calm feel. Drummonds’ Tay cast iron bath in a polished exterior looks superbly grand in front of the majestic window with the garden view.
The client wanted a double shower to make the most of the space. A beautiful mosaic work of soft colours creates the perfect backdrop to Drummonds’ Chessleton Shower Control, And 300mm shower head in a delicate nickel finish. White marble tops were chosen for the vanity with antique mirror inlay.
Drummonds’ Ashburn roll top bath in hot pink with custom silver ball & clawfeet gives a fun edge to a plain pink scheme bathroom. The Coll collection, including bath mixer and basin taps in a nickel-metal finish, adds a soft and delicate accent to the interior.
The pink scheme continues in the upstairs bathroom with Drummonds’ Tweed bath custom painted in bright pink contrasting the soft tone of the walls. The single Windermere vanity in white glossy china adds a sense of romance to the space with its classic and elegant lines. The coll taps in nickel finish were chosen once again to bring a classic touch to the room.
The generous space allowed for a large wall mirror and a walk-in enclosed shower. The geometric mosaic tiles in soft grey are the perfect backdrop for Drummonds Chessleton Shower set, hand shower, and 200 mm shower rose in nickel metal.
Sophie says: “The Drummonds showroom is outstanding and is an excellent space to walk and talk clients through. I love the chunkiness of the brassware and the wide choice available. Drummonds’ designs bring drama to any bathroom.”
Sophie’s style is perpetuated throughout the property, with a deep understanding of design and colour, which is reflected in the eclectic library she has grown for her client’s benefit.
Full Product List
- The Tay Cast Iron Skirted Bath Tub
- The Coll Bath & Shower Mixer With Floor Standing Legs
- The Coll Lever 3 Hole Basin Mixer
- The Chessleton On/Off Shower Control
- The Chessleton On/Off 2 Way Shower Diverter
- The Chessleton On/Off 3 Way Shower Diverter
- Shower Rose 300mm (12″)
- The Grand Hand Shower & Wall Bracket
- The Ashburn Small Cast Iron Bath Tub With Ball & Claw Feet
- The Tweed Small Cast Iron Skirted Bath Tub
- The Single China Windermere Vanity Basin
- The Dunnett Concealed WC Suite
- Shower Rose 200mm (8″)
- The Bute Cast Iron Bath Tub
- The Leawood Floor Standing Bath & Shower Mixer
- The Leawood Shower Plate Thermo & On/Off
- The Leawood Thermostatic Shower Valve
- The Leawood Lever 3 Hole Basin Mixer
- The Dalby Surface Mounted Shower, Straight Arm
- Shamrock Shower Rose
- Single Arm Loo Roll Holder
- The Brora High Level WC Suite
- The Syre Vanity Basin On Stand
- The Mull Classic 3 Hole Basin Mixer