Restored 19th Century PalaceteLisbon
Built in 1877, the ‘Palacio Principe Real’ in Lisbon was a family home for over a century, famous for the society parties held there. Click the image below to watch the movie.
Falling in love with the building and its gardens, the current owners bought it in 2015 to transform into a hotel that, in their words “recreated the decadent luxury of days gone by, with all the comforts of modern life.”
Supremely comfortable and elegant, each of the twenty-eight bedrooms has a unique character, born of the owners’ determination to seek out and commission products from authentic, craft-led companies.
Although many of their suppliers are Portuguese, the owners travelled to London specifically to commission Drummonds products for their magnificent classic bathrooms.
This was so central to their vision that the hotel’s website features the memorable quote, “Still deciding whether we are a hotel with bathtubs or bathubs with a hotel…”
The inspiration for the interior design of the building has come from the building itself. “We were fortunate to “inherit” many beautiful stucco ceilings and two rooms with the original Portuguese azulejos.”
All rooms have amazing natural light through large windows on all sides, and it is the light and views from the windows that influenced the choice of colour.
Click here to watch our film of this beautiful restored 19th century palacete
Special Thanks to:
- Ronfe – for the design and production of the wardrobes in oak, bedside tables, glass cabinets and bespoke shelving
- X8 Chairs & Tables – bedheads and all other bedroom furniture
- Ferreira da Sa – suppliers of the beautiful botanical silk rugs
- Lameirinho – for the bedlinen, towels, and table linen
- Vista Alegre – for all tableware
- Domdecor – for the mattresses
Full Product List
- The Morar Small Slipper Cast Iron Bath Tub
- The Mull Classic Bath Taps & H Stand
- Plug & Chain Bath Waste & Overflow Set
- The Mull Bath & Shower Mixer With Floor Standing Legs
- 3-Bar Wall Mounted Towel Rail
- The Tay Cast Iron Skirted Bath Tub
- The Single Dalby Light, Fluted Glass Shade
- Grand Shower Rose 200mm (8″)
- The Grand Wall Mounted Shower Arm
- The Classic Hand Shower & Riser Bracket
- The Mull Classic Shower Plate Thermo & 2 Way
- Archived: The Tyne Copper Bath Tub With Nickel Interior
- The Mull Classic 4-Hole Bath & Shower Mixer
- The Serpentine Cast Iron Skirted Bath Tub
- The Mull Classic 3 Hole Basin Mixer